Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Best Uses For Colloidal Silver

It seems like colloidal silver has many different uses. A simple look in a few good books on alternative medicines, and even online, will show many different uses for colloidal silver. What is it about colloidal silver, that makes it good for many different uses, and what are they?

There are many uses for colloidal silver, and we will take a look at them in a moment. For now, it is important to know why colloidal silver is used in many of these cases. Knowing this information will allow you to know when, and why to use colloidal silver. And what is more, you may just come up with new uses for colloidal silver!

Colloidal silver is basically silver (the precious metal) particles and ions that are suspended in a liquid, such as water. The most interesting part is the silver, and silver has some amazing properties.

The biggest buzz about silver is that it is antibacterial. And silver is known to kill hundreds of bacteria and germs. This makes it a great alternative or addition to antibiotics. The interesting point is that antibiotics often have the problem of bacteria which mutate, whereas with silver, it still kills them, whatever they do!

So, in essence, colloidal silver kills bacteria, and whatever requires that function, can benefit from colloidal silver. This could be as simple as gargling with colloidal silver, so it kills bacteria in the mouth.

Colloidal silver has also been known to remove toothaches, as it kills the bacteria around the teeth. Mouth sores also benefit from colloidal silver, as it kills any bacteria it contacts.

When traveling in countries where the water supply may be questionable, after doing the usual precautions - adding colloidal silver into the water, can kill any pathogens in the water.

Because of the antibacterial nature of silver and colloidal silver, it can work great when you have a cold, flu, or any kind of infection, such as a chest infection. Because colloidal silver can be taken orally or topically, it provides a safe way to combat germs, bacteria, and pathogens, both internal, and external to our bodies.

Rinsing fruit and vegetables with colloidal silver before storing, can make them last longer. And it is safe!

A great use for colloidal silver, which I suggest you do, is to mist kitchen sponges, and even your cutting board. This will prevent some bad bacteria from forming. Obviously you still need to wash kitchen boards after use, however, the use of colloidal silver will add to the protection from pathogens.

There are many more uses for colloidal silver. Because of silvers antibacterial action, it can be great at removing odors. For example, it can be misted on feet and shoes, and when dry, can remove the smelly odors!

Discover more about colloidal silver and the latest alternative medicine breakthroughs by visiting: and

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What this doesn't say is that there is increasing cooncern regarding the use of silver as an antibacterial.

It is exttremely toxic to fish and aquatic plants (where does it end up after you have rinsed your sponge eh???) PLUS it can get into your blood supply and concentrate on skin and in eyes, kidneys and liver. In the USA they are considering classifying it as a pesticide and the Swedish State Run Pharmacy has banned the sale of silver coated band aids because of the environmental risk. A recent Royal Commission report in England has concluded that there is not enough information to confirm the safety of ionic microparticles such as silver and the Chairman admitted that he wouldn't let his family wear silver impregnated clothes!

Silver seems like the ideal panacea but it is a chemical poisoner of bacteria and so resistance can and does develop plus it can be toxic to humans - look up "argyria" on Google.

Please beware.